Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dying for Fall






Well, I have been in a dying frenzy for the past two days. I have to say that I was a bit nervous when I started dying and I am getting used to the whole thing, but I LOVE it!

Monday I started with 1lb of the Cormo. I washed it and dyed it with Jacquard dyes. I mixed two colors together and I like the results. It's almost dry and I can't stop touching it!

Tuesday I washed 2lbs of Cormo and I tried a different dye this time... WOW!!! I tried 2 colors again. As I put the first dye in (called chili pepper) I noticed little specs of blue on the while fiber... hmmm. So then I put in a little bit of yellow. I mixed and mixed and looking at the fleece, it looked a beautiful red.... but if you looked at the dye bath... the color was a gorgeous blue.... so I added a little bit more yellow (thinking blue and yellow make green) and added a bit more wet fleece to it.... THIS is the result!! Fantastic!!

It looks like Fall around here!!

2 comments:

Estella said...

Love the colors! Can't wait to see it spun!

Haley said...

Can't wait to see what it grows up to be :o)