Thursday, April 16, 2009

Salt Water Taffy


You know how sometimes you make something and it is more beautiful than you could have ever imagined??



Heh, heh, just kidding... well not really! Last week the ladies of Decadent Fibers received the Bon Appetite coat, and just loved it. They got a new yarn in and dyed some up for the up coming show they are attending (Stitches South in Georgia) and asked if I could whip up a shawl, and guess what else, put a sleeve in it. I had never seen anything like that, so off on Ravelry I went to try to find something to give me inspiration. Everything I I saw was a rectangular shape (they were all gorgeous!) but, not what I was imagining.

This last week I worked and worked and worked and during the Easter festivities and holiday break I made this!


Yep! I am patting myself on the back for this one - I LOVE it!!!!! (my family also loves that it is done!!) It is called Salt Water Taffy and the yarn is Decadent Fibers Pulled Taffy and the colorway is Ocean Waves. The ladies are making kits for this one, so go on over to the website and order one up (well, they aren't ready yet, soon though!)

4 comments:

Stacey said...

WOW!!! I currently do not own a shawl, have not found one that i love or like enough, but this, WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW is that enough wow's for ya? this is gorgeous!! I just wish I had the yarn or the money, or the time, etc. Great Job!!

Addicted to Knitting said...

Its Beautiful Kim...

Estella said...

Love the shawl. I have seen one with sleeves that I have been wanting to make...Nicky Epstein designed it and I can see myself wearing it on chilly days watching my son's flag football. You can find it here:
http://www.vogueknitting.com/books/product_info.php?products_id=322&osCsid=e8s6nmlcv11ar63m3qnerigq55

Looks like you were in BH for Easter!?

Joyce said...

PRETTY! The design reminds me of a circular cardigan I've seen, but yours is more shawl like. Love the color. So misty and romantic.