Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Gi Gi

We have just returned from my grandmother's 91st birthday celebration in Florida. It was so wonderful to see her again. My father's family tries to get together once a year for a family reunion/birthday celebration and it is so much fun! I was so thrilled to see everyone again, and it was too short. Such a short time in fact that I forgot to take any pictures of my grandmother until the end, and well, they weren't the best, so here is a photo from last year, when she was 90.

Isn't she the cutest! Special thanks to my Aunt Barbara and Aunt Lou for organizing and throwing an unbelievably comfortable and fun and intimate reunion. (Happy Birthday Aunt Lou, I love you - today is her real birthday!!)

In knitting news, I don't have much to report except that I am working on something for Fall that I can't wait to wear. It is an accessory that is so soft and luscious, I have to make one for myself! While I was knitting away on it on the plane, the man sitting next to me asked if he could touch it - now that is something I want to wear! I can't show you anything yet, but I will as soon as I can!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this word!

luscious