Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Yarn makes my mouth water

Have you ever had a physical reaction to something? I'm sure you have! When your scared and your heart races, or you smell something and your stomach growls? Well folks, I have a physical reaction to yarn, yep that's right, as weird as it sounds. When opening a new box of yarn, my mouth starts to water, I get goose bumps, and I have been known to get butterflies - no wait - is that my husband I'm talking about? No, it's yarn. Here's proof:


This my friends is silken straw, and it is so cool. I would like to design a top that would have an open stitch and could be worn over a tank. Stay tuned....

Is anybody ready for the Holidays? I am thinking of garments for the Holidays and check out this yarn for a little something (get your napkins ready, you don't want to drool on the yarn!)


I started to sample with this yarn, and let me tell you, it was so fantastic running through my fingers! The first yarn is Artyarns Ensemble (75% silk 25% cashmere) in color 272 and the second is Artyarns Beaded Mohair & Sequins (80% silk with glass beads & sequins 20% mohair) in color 149s (doesn't it look like snow?). I'm thinking cap sleeves, lace bottom........so much fun!!

Both will be crochet - I have a hankerin' to knit, though, and I have something in stash waiting for me. Have a great day!!!

PS - shoes also make my mouth water!!

No comments: