Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Here's to You Mr. Robinson


This weekend we had the heart wrenching but necessary task of saying goodbye to a very dear friend. Mr. Robinson was loved by so many people that his funeral was a real celebration of a beautiful life. A life that served his country, was married to his sweetheart for over 50 years, had 8 children, 19 grandchildren, and gave away about 20 bazillion laughs.

At the service I said to his wife, "Mrs. Robinson, I am so sad - but I have to admit, whenever I think of Mr. Robinson I smile." She replied, "Yes, Kim (she's known me that long!) he was a glad man, he lived a glad life."

I don't know why that stuck with me, but I am going to try to live my life this way.

After a sad weekend my weary bones hit the sheets only to be woken up at 4:30 am to a vomiting 5 year old. And so, after picking up vomit on the only surface she deemed acceptable for her spillage (that would be our wall to wall carpeted bedroom) I could only think of one thing... Coo coo ca-choo Mr. Robinson, Jesus loves you more than you will know (Wo wo wo).

Goodbye dear friend.




3 comments:

Katherine said...

Nice tribute. Is that Paul's dad? I think so because they look a like.

Kimberly said...

Yes, Paul and Michael, and Dorothy and Andrea. The older kids you didn't know....

Estella said...

So sorry for the sadness but I do like the idea of living a glad life. Hope Dumplin is feeling better.