Friday, March 19, 2010

Obsession




Wow, Friday already - it's been a busy week and now that Spring is almost here, the boys are starting their sports practices.... it's going to take me a bit to get used to the new schedule. I really do enjoy the winter when there is no practice to interrupt my afternoon stitching!

I wore my newest Liesl and was happy with my results. I decided to make this one a short sleeve and I love the way the lace opened up after I gave it a good bath.

I wore my new shawl on St. Patrick's Day and I love the way it goes with just about everything I own.... I just love shawls. See how after blocking it just looks.....better? All the stitches open up and lay properly, if you ever question whether you should block or not, you should - it makes your work look more professional.

I have enjoyed a quiet January and February on the design front, but that is going to change.... yarn is showing up weekly now and it's time to put my own things aside while I work on projects for next year.

My Liesl obsession continues....this time in Blue Sky Alpacas cotton.... for our up coming Spring Break trip!!! I just can't stop!!!



No comments: