Friday, March 25, 2011

A Letter to Remember

Last week I recieved an email from Brenda:

Kimberly, you are everywhere these days, and I couldn’t be happier for you! My Spring 2011 issue of Interweave Crochet arrived today, complete with your Freesia Pullover.

So, once again, congratulations on having another of your designs featured. I am looking forward to crocheting this one (although considering the length of my “to be crocheted” list, it could be awhile!). Thank you for including, as Oprah might express it, us “women of size” in the pattern instructions. An XL often is a touch tighter than I’m comfortable with wearing.

Having read your blog from time to time, it is obvious you are a lovely, engaging, and incredibly self effacing woman. How wonderful it is to see such a nice person making her mark in a big way in the crochet and knitting world!

Brenda


My Response:

Brenda-

I am very sorry I haven’t responded to this earlier, but quite frankly I couldn’t come up with the right words to thank you.

Your note has made me so very happy, it will be one of the nicest gifts I will ever receive. I can read it when I am feeling low or when I need inspiration, or even when I get a nasty email.

Your note has touched me in such a way that I really am…… speechless (hard to do for a jersey girl like me!).

It makes me happy to know that there are still people out there that take the time to simply be……well, nice.

I will never forget your letter. Thank you-

Kimberly


I love Brenda!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Well, Ms. Kimberly, Brenda is 100% right!! Congrats! :D

Crochet Friends of Stamford said...

Well deserved praise indeed! :o)