Monday, April 23, 2012

Waiting





Today, I am waiting for a delivery to come. My window is between 12 and 4 o'clock which means I have been waiting around for most of the day. I don't really like waiting for things, but it's not that I didn't have plans to stay home today... it's just that now that I HAVE to stay home.. it's bugging me.

Last week was a busy one. I am trying a new fitness routine and let me tell you, it takes a long time. It is the biggest time suck of the century but I hope it's worth it.. I do feel better when I exercise, so the 'new normal' (meaning not a lazy piece of cake sitting on the couch working all day) is taking some getting used to.

We celebrated Graham's 11th birthday on his actual day April 18th, but on Sunday had dinner with family and I made this cake. Sunday was earth day so I tried to make a globe.. I was pleasantly surprised with my earth... even though Africa kind of looked like a piece of broccoli.


Guess what was finished up today and is on the blocking board??? The never ending sweater for Marin to wear at the wedding. Let me tell you... I came down to the wire on the yarn... I even had to unravel my gauge swatch to have enough yarn!











I also am taking advantage of my homebound-ness to pick some locks from the coopworth fleece (Tootie) and package them up for washing. I have to say, I washed just a bit of it last week and simply flicked the locks open and spun from the lock.... Holy Sheep!! I am in love with that spinning technique.











I have a First Communion Shawl to crochet this week and a knit design that's due on the 15th of May - so that's what I will be working on this week.

No comments: