Friday, September 19, 2008

Birthday Poem




For my brother's oldest one....
who loves the flowers named for the sun.

Who is so loving and so smart...
the letters she writes melts your heart.

She loves butterflies, flowers, and birds...
she truly has the gift of words.

A true Hepburn style sweater...
to keep you warm in Autumn weather.

A niece born in the same month as me...
Enjoy your sweater this year and... try to make it three!


This sweater is a top down raglan basic formula of mine that I use a lot. This time I used an i-cord bind off and EZ's afterthought pockets. The sunflower was made using the kit from yesterday and took a couple of hours. I really enjoyed making this sweater (I made it over the summer)

I have to say....I couldn't find a picture of my niece alone, she is usually always with Son#2! I love you Lady A.......... have a wonderful birthday.

9/20/08 - I was just talking to my sister on the phone and I asked if she read the post about Lady A's birthday, she told me she was confused about the poem, so I feel like I have to explain (my sister is the smartest girl I know). I AM blond and i spelled sun... son - so the flower is a sunflower. The last line is supposed to mean I hope she wears the sweater for this year and hopefully for 3 years, get it? It takes a long time to make a sweater...... Oh, I wonder if Poe ever had to explain his work..... sorry for the confusion.

1 comment:

Estella said...

Kimberly,
Your sweater looks fantastic! Love the felted sunflower you put on it. So glad to see the sweet face you had in mind as you were working on it this summer. I don't know about you but when I make something for someone I think of them the entire time I'm knitting their special item. I was once making something for one of my sisters and she did something nasty and I couldn't knit on it because when I knit I knit with love. You sure knit this with love.