Friday, June 12, 2009

Free Pattern



Yesterday I was minding my own business, looking at my email... when, BAM!! I opened my Redheart.com newsletter. I was smacked in the face by a design I had forgotten about! What a surprise..... I really liked the way this capelet came out, and it is quick to do! The original is made in Lustersheen, but I think I may make another one in malabrigo sock, or something like that... we shall see what I come up with. Here is the official photo, I hope my hair is that cool when I grow up.

I am taking an online course about crochet garment design, we are covering areas of the design process that I really procrastinate with (because I don't like to do them). We started this week and I have completed 2 homework assignments. Last night I went to access the files I need, and I couldn't access them... I freaked out! I felt like that dream where you are in college and all of a sudden you are on your way to the final and you realize you never went to class! All is well though, I finished my assignment on time. It makes me think that if I were this interested in my studies in college, I would have rocked college - don't get me wrong... I graduated college, I just rocked it in a different way!! Time sure flies.... I graduated college 17 years ago, Holy Cow!

Speaking of time..... can someone explain to me how this was 5 years ago this Sunday (June 14th)? It was one of the best days of my life!

1 comment:

Estella said...

Happy Birthday to Dumplin! can't wait to see her sweet face in BH.

We get down there a week from today. Can't wait to see you and catch up!