Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom

This Mother's Day I decided to ask my family what their favorite thing about their "Bobbie" is, so this morning during breakfast I asked and here is what they said:

Son #1: I love going down to the beach every summer.
Son #2: I love that Bobbie takes us to Toys 'R Us for our birthday and lets us pick out our presents.
Dumplin": I love snuggling with Bobbie in her bed.
Mr. Fantastic: I love that she made Mommy!

I thought those were some great things, and then I thought maybe my siblings would get in on the fun.... Here are their responses:

Katherine: Whenever I picture Mom, she is always smiling and laughing.
Me: I refer you to this post
Adam: Even though I am a 37 year old man that is 6'3" and over 200 lbs, she still hugs me like I am 6 years old.
Gus: No matter how sad or mad I may be, Mom's always my silver lining with a quick and witty response of "you know honey, it could always be worse" then we laugh it off.... I love you Mom.

On Friday was Dumplin's Mother's Day Tea (my last one, ever) and here is a sampling of her singing. The song was so important because it had been raining for 7 days straight.... I cried - I am a puddle! I am so emotional this Mother's Day, and so tomorrow we are going to a baseball game at 8:30, then to a diner for brunch (NJ diners rock!) and then we are going to be home. I am going to sit and knit on the patio and watch my flock playing outside and then watch the Yankee game and think of my Mom. I am going to be thankful that I get to call my mother and hear her voice and her laugh. I will close my eyes and smell her smell and feel her hugs and I will cry again. I love you Mom, I love you more.


2 comments:

Estella said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! What a lovely tribute to your mom - I agree with the always smiling part. Every time I see your mom she is smiling and makes me feel special.

Joyce said...

A lovely post and enjoyed the song. Devonshire Dumpling (Fuchsia)came to mind while watching...what can I say, both Dumpling are so cute and pretty.