Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ski Weekend




This past weekend we were lucky enough to go skiing in Vermont. We stayed with friends and had a wonderful time. I am amazed how well my children ski/snowboard and with the Olympics starting, it was great to be in a ski town and watching the winter games.

I finished a restitch of a project and sent it off to the magazine... and now I am working on another project.... this time a knit wrap that is really pretty. I have been staying up to watch the Olympics so I needed a project that I could work on while watching TV and who better to help me with mindless knitting in the round, but the Goddess Elizabeth Zimmermann...


Photo by Jared Flood.
I am going to be making the famous (in the knitting world, that is) Green Sweater, knit by Elizabeth Zimmermann (goddess of knitting) and dissected and written by Sunday Holm. I bought this kit for myself for Christmas and I was lucky enough to get the exact wool that Elizabeth used. Thrilling for me! The story of the sweater is here.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there. Who are those gorgeous kids on the mountain? Great weekend!!

Kimberly said...

Deanne!!! You left a comment! Those are two of the most handsome men on the planet and two of the most sweet, beautiful, respectful lovely young ladies I have ever had the pleasure to spend a weekend with.

What a great trip!

Estella said...

I'm envious of your EZ sweater kit...from the moment I read the post on that sweater I wanted to make it. Can't wait to see the progress.

I don't know about you but I'm counting the days until summer.