Wednesday, February 3, 2010

January in Review


So sorry to be gone for so long, but quite frankly.... I didn't have anything to say. Here is our Month in Review:

We went skiing in Vermont. It was a great, great time.

Otis had another bath, this time he smelled like chamomile....

And less than 48 hours later, he smelled like a man again! (that's fresh mud dripping off of him)

We celebrated Mr. Fantastic's birthday. Here he is with my father, and my brother whose birthdays are days apart from Mr. Fantastics. This year we went to my brother's house and my sister-in-law served up a delicious meal.

I made a sweater for ME:

I made the clapochet. I switched it up a little bit and will be posting my version on Ravelry.

I restitched the lacy wristers that I designed for Coats & Clark for someone to wear to a trade show (OOH, I have to send them a bill!)

I designed a knit shawl (ooh, I have to send them a bill!)

Currently I am working on someone else's pattern (changing it up a bit). I am working with Lorna's laces and I love how soft and beautiful this yarn is!

I beat Mr. Fantastic in Scabble!!! To be fair, he did let 2 things slide - 1. I cheated and looked up the spelling of a word when he left the table for a minute, I'm not proud of it.... 2. he helped me spell a word. Those of you that really know me, know that I can't spell to save my life and I was one of the first people to have a spelling ace (it was electronic spelling aide) and wore it out in college.

And finally.... I am in the process of sending back the 15 lbs of fat I received for Christmas....it is taking a lot of my time (I am jogging or lifting weights in my basement and sounding like the ever so eloquent "Jersey girl") so please excuse the silence for another 10lbs.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

15 lbs?! I nearly fainted. Listen, you're welcome to come and do the raking with me, anytime ;)