Tuesday, June 3, 2008

And Now Back To Our Regular Blog Posts

I know, I know, I've been away........really I have just been super busy with the end of the school year things! It is nice to know people are waiting to hear from me! Without further delay, here is what I have been up to the past few weeks.

We had our Memorial day parade. Here I am with Son #2 (my mother says he hasn't had any blog time). I have to say, this year the parade was Boring. I was a little disappointed. It was a beautiful weekend, great weather and we had a great time as a family.

In my last post, I showed you a picture of this yarn. It is going to be my Herringbone mesh jacket....I just re-started it last night and hopefully will show you pictures this week of a finished garment.


The yarn is called MerLin from louet and is 60% linen and 40% Merino. I can't wait to wash this and see how it feels after washing.

The latest design project I have been working on is this little number:



Isn't she pretty? It is made out of Claudia Hand Painted Yarns and is their 100% linen-sport weight yarn. The sweater took only 2 1/2 skeins (at 270 yds per skein) and I have worn it twice already.

It is the perfect little thing to wear when you want a little warmth in the air conditioning or it is a little cool outside. Here is the back



It is hard to tell from this picture, but the sweater is made from the top down with raglan increases and shortly after the bust, the pattern changes to a more open pattern. Here is a better shot of the two patterns




Finally the closure is a crochet i-cord which is very, very easy to do and one of my favorite closures. The way this is done is to chain as many stitches as the length you want and beginning with the 2nd chain from the hook, slip stitch each chain. It's that easy!!!

The pattern will be available soon from Knit knack. It is so wonderful that they continue to ask me to design things for them. I feel so lucky to know such great people.

I also have been working on a few submissions which are top secret and I cannot show you anything about those. Finally, we are getting our house painted. This is not a small task, and our house is very visible in our town. We live on a main street (as most old houses do) and I have to say, the response of most town people to us changing the colors of our house has not been that positive. This leaves me feeling uneasy about the choices my husband and I have made. I really loved the colors the house was (my mother has exquisite taste) and to change her colors was just another step in making MY family house into Our family house. I hope we don't disappoint people. Here is a picture of the way the house looked while I was growing up and I will show pictures of it when it is done.



No comments: