Monday, June 30, 2008

Strike A Pose





This is my first blog post with my new MacBook! I love it so far (when I can get my hands on it) there is so much to learn, and I'm afraid I will only learn the basics for a while until I have time to devote to it.

We are headed to the beach this week on Wednesday for the rest of the summer and I am so excited to go. I was lucky enough to be able to go for the summer last year and it really is a great chance for me to recharge my batteries!

I am finishing up a great new shawl/vest pattern in Frog Tree yarn. The cool thing about it is that if you wear it one way, it looks like a swing coat (but cropped) and if you wear it upside down, it looks like a vest with a shawl collar and a funky bottom, I am thrilled with this. The color is great, and with the Frog Tree yarn very economical (I believe it will be about $60.00 to make the medium/large size.) Pictures of that tomorrow.

This weekend I was involved in my first "photo shoot" of my pattern Impression. The pictures are going to be used for the finished pattern, and I have to say........I was a little nervous having my pictures taken. I have a few that were taken with my camera, (by the super talented Mr. Cho) and here are the ones I like....





Are you noticing the common theme here? Yeah, no face shots!!! After looking through the ones I have, I feel like my face looks like I either was eating lemons prior to the shot or I was smelling a poopy diaper! Now, I know we all have issues with ourselves, and I always joke about it, but really, my arms in many of the pictures make me look like an Olympic Russian Shot Put er! I mean really - you will be missing me this summer, not because I will be at the beach, but because I will be competing in the Summer Olympics!! Holy Cow!!




This is the Noro sock yarn version of Impression. The sample is crocheted in the smallest size, so it does not fit me perfectly, but you can still see how beautiful the yarn looks! (Once again, notice the absence of my face!) The small and medium version only takes 2 skeins of this beautiful yarn (if you want sleeves!)

I am off to work on a cool project for Coats & Clark and to block the shawl/vest. Have a great day!!

PS - OK, I did most of this post on my Mac, but had trouble moving the pictures around. I had to come up to the PC to finish - I'll get there!!

No comments: