Tuesday, May 6, 2008

EZ like Tuesday Morning........

I love Elizabeth Zimmermann. If you don't know who I am talking about, Google her, find out about the genius that is EZ. I have read and re-read all of her books and I watch her DVDs (with her daughter Meg Swansen) while I am knitting, to, kind of keep me company and to learn, learn, learn. My first Elizabeth Zimmermann inspired sweater was this one. It is one of my all time favorite things to wear. It fits like a coat, and is one of the warmest things I own. I even bought the yarn from schoolhousepress


I knit the entire sweater in the round, learned the crocheted steek to cut my knitting, and learned so much. The whole experience of knitting this sweater was so enjoyable. Look, here is the side....


I love that ribbon cable! I have so many EZ inspired projects.....right now I am making another Baby Surprise Jacket (BSJ) as a sample for Knit knack.


The yarn is Babe from The Fibre Company. It feels so soft and I love the colors. This will be my first BSJ that has stripes, I have made 2 others in one color. I started last night and got a nice amount done.

More EZ to come....

No comments: