Tuesday, May 13, 2008

To Squeeze Or Not to Squeeze

Today I am having my first mammogram. I know, I should have done it 2 years ago. I am nervous and did not sleep very well. Why do I tell you this? Because last night I stayed up with nervous fingers and finished this
It is the herringbone mesh jacket, and I'm not sure if I care for the finished product. My jacket looks nothing like the sample. I think I will bring this to the store and get another opinion, I am teaching a class on this one, and I love the way it looks, but I don't love mine....maybe I used the wrong type of yarn...I don't know, stay tuned.. Maybe I am being a bit 'nit- picky' because of my day (I almost said 'nip-picky', but I am trying to keep this blog PG!) I'll let you know the outcome....

I am starting something new today, an idea that has been percolating. I think it is going to be a free pattern for the blog. I have this idea for a shawl with a ruffle edge, I think it will be nice and I can also write the pattern for a scarf. Last week I got to feel this


and I can't get it out of my mind. It's Misty Alpaca Hand Paint Lace and feels like baby hair. It is so soft and I love the colors (yeah, I bought other colors!) This particular one is color 27.

I will show my progress on this project as I go......

No comments: