Monday, May 5, 2008

Let the First Communions Begin!!

We had a fabulous weekend, jam packed full of things to do!
Friday night was the school fund raiser, you are never going to guess who won Sprung.....are you ready.......My sister-in-law!!! I wish I had my camera (beginner blogger - I'll get better!) It was so funny to stand up and read the ticket and have it be my SIL!!! Well, she really wanted it, so I am happy she got it (not to mention I can borrow it if need be!)

Saturday sports were cancelled due to weather (and SAT testing), so we were off to our first communion of the season. This is the beautiful Lala.......she really looked stunning.

The party was held at a restaurant that was attached to a mall, the food was delicious, and Little Miss Dumplin' even scored and new pair of sparkle ballet flats! She wore her Easter outfit including the sweater I designed and made for her, but of course would not put it on for the blog photo.....

Isn't the color so pretty? It is Louet Gems and is so nice to crochet with. the fabric became nice and smooshy...so comfortable to wear. I am getting around to writing the pattern for this sweater in sizes ranging from 2T to XXL....I think I am going to submit it to a Magazine, let's keep our fingers crossed on that one. I was, however, able to get pictures of Miss Dumplin' as she headed off to school today. The sweater she is wearing is an old staple of mine, I have made several of these sweaters. This particular one is made in an acrylic by Reynolds called Utopia. It has been washed at least 50 times, and still looks great. The pattern is by Carole Prior from Leisure Arts. The buttons are, of course, from one of my button jars.....

Pattern and yarn can be found at Knit-a-bit.

3 comments:

Addicted to Knitting said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Addicted to Knitting said...

Your baby is getting so big

Maddie Bebout said...

I hated this morning too KImberly. Not that anyone was sick at my house but I just hate rain! Reading your last few postings made me so happy. Thanks.